Sunday, January 24, 2010

January 24, 2010

SNOW DAY!!

Ok, not really. There's no such thing up here. But really, this sort of stuff is what paralyzes the bravest of the southerners out there. And I'm not just talking about our American friends, I know PLENTY of Canadians that can't handle these white, fluffy mounds of fun! This is what brings out a true Northerner's heart. They see the forecast of a foot of snow or more coming, and their eyes light up with glee. This means they can break out the winter "toys" and go for a good rip! Yes, many a skidoo and quad was seen barreling down my street today. One of our wonderful neighbors showed up on our crescent with a bobcat and promptly cleared the whole street, driveways and all! Once Jace saw the piles on our lawn, he was out the door in a flash. I had to call him in after an hour and man, was he happy AND soaked.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh- all that snow!!!! He looks happy though! :) I'd be FREEZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, definitely not a fan either. But I'm glad someone enjoys it!! Though I'm sure if I had a skidoo I would end up liking snow too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha Jace looks so happy! I love it. The snow is what makes the cold bearable to me in winter :) I didn't grow up with snow because I'm from Vancouver BUT I love a good snowfall....or a light dusting!

    ReplyDelete