Friday, January 29, 2010

January 29, 2010

Today I finished what I believe I've been putting off for a good month now. Procrastination? No. Avoidance. Yes.

You see...me "completing" her room, finishing off the decorations, getting the breathable bumpers on her crib...well, I have no real "reason" to keep her in my room any more. And my heart is breaking from this. So dumb, it's not like we were co-sleeping, she was 2 feet from the foot of my bed, not even in arms reach! So why do I feel like I've abandoned her? I put her her in crib an hour and a half ago, and I haven't heard a peep. I need to check on her, I can't stand this, yet I have the AngelCare monitor, it detects movement, I don't REALLY need to check, it checks for me. But you know I'm going to anyway.

So here it is, her pretty much complete. I'm not 100% convinced on the letters yet, they could still change. I'm picky like that. Overall, I'm fairly happy with the way it turned out. The only improvement I could see is to make it bigger to accomodate a bed for me, the one suffering from separation anxiety.



5 comments:

  1. Awww Dawn, I feel for ya. Violet is still in a crib next to our bed. I don't think she would notice being in her own room but I'm a bigger baby than she is. Bella's room looks beautiful! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful room! You know if you're not ready to move her, then don't :) She's an excellent sleeper so it's not like you are hurting her sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yah...I know. It's just she barely is fitting in her cradle right now and she thrashes so much sometimes (mostly when DH lets out a big snore) that she rocks it right off the locks LOL Plus, I want her to get used the sounds in HER room and not get used to DH snoring to need to sleep :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love how her room turned out. You did such a great job Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it and you did a great job! Wanna come do Kenzie's now? LOL

    ReplyDelete