Friday, January 8, 2010

January 8, 2010


"Making a decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." ~ Elizabeth Stone
I couldn't have said it better myself. Every time I look at her, my heart aches. I often wonder...is this how my mom felt when she got me? Is this how my birth mom felt, too? I can't even begin to imagine how hard it was for my birth mom to give me up if she felt even a tenth of what I feel for my kids. I'm so glad my mom's got to meet, it was one of the most emotional days of my life, other than giving birth.

5 comments:

  1. :) love the quote...and your story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written Dawn.

    I feel the same way about Abby, and can't FATHOM life without her for one second.

    (love love love her sleeper by the way!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quote and story. Such a sweet picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so beautiful Dawn...watching them sleep is the best. :)

    ReplyDelete